THE GLOBAL STANDARD FOR MOUNTAIN BIKE SKILLS INSTRUCTION
BICP Africa is a licensed partner of the Bike Instructor Certification Program (BICP) which offers professional training and certification for individuals who lead group rides or teach mountain bike skills clinics. The BICP is building on proven, successful methods nearly two decades in development, and aims to establish a global standard for mountain bike skills instructor training.
With origins dating back to 1995, our training materials are built on 20 years of coaching experience, skill development, and program building.
The BICP is demystifying the process of teaching mountain biking skills in a structured progression.
More than 200 BICP courses have been led Globally, certifying 1400 individuals. The BICP continually develops the curriculum and training for our Instructor Trainers to maintain high-quality standards.
RIDE LEADER CERTIFICATION
LEVEL 1 CERTIFICATION
RIDE GUIDE & FUNDAMENTAL SKILLS INSTRUCTOR
LEVEL 2 CERTIFICATION
INTERMEDIATE SKILLS INSTRUCTOR
WHY THE BICP
Learning to mountain bike can be difficult. Minor accidents and injuries are common in our sport. Without consistent language and standards, teaching skill development within a safe environment is challenging.
The goal of the BICP is to break down the barrier to entry by increasing access to professionally trained and certified mountain bike instructors. Led by Shaums March, our team of certified Instructor Trainers will add legitimacy to the sport of mountain biking and remove barriers to instruction in the community.
Our mission is to advance the global standard for mountain bike instruction, driving an inclusive community that empowers our members through education, certification, service, and experience.
BICP VALUES & PRINCIPLES
- We are honest and transparent with each other
- We are honest with people about their performance
- We operate with the letter of the law, safety is a priority
- We uphold the values and principles of our Certification programs
- We act as one unified body
- We respect each other
- We show respect for all individuals and organizations
- We are community
- We have confidence in our decision making
Passion for Success
- We are committed to being the national standard
- We challenge
- We inspire
- We act like owners and treat the BICP as if it were our own business
- We accept accountability
- We grow, personally and professionally
- We learn from you, our members
- We build long-term partnerships
- We are all leaders in our sport
- We have a vision and are creative
- We develop others to become leaders
- We focus resources towards the development of our future leaders
- We believe it is the responsibility of all member to continually develop themselves and mentor others
“People think that [mountain biking] is just a matter of throwing yourself down a hill; they don’t realize how precise it is.”
BICP Lead Instructor Trainer
We are continually developing our certification program, facilitating an open learning environment, and building the community with our team of BICP Instructor trainers and staff. We are hard at work developing new and improved resources with tools and support to help you in your coaching endeavors.
The Bike Instructor Certification Program (BICP) offers certifications globally and is a non-profit organization. Your membership dues and enrollment in our courses help fund program improvements and continued development in our mountain bike community.