BICP Level 2 Certification
Become Certified & Join Our Ranks
Length: 4 days | Cost: R10 500pp.
The course includes a classroom portion, field practice, skill demonstrations, refining and analysis, instruction strategies, scenario training, proper skill progressions and much more.
The BICP Level 2 course offers a review of mountain bike guiding in addition to training and testing for providing beginner to intermediate level instruction.
Completion of the course, in addition to passing a practical exam and written test, will qualify an individual to:
- Provide private or group instruction for beginner and intermediate level riders through clinics/camps/events
- Assess and diagnose common errors within riders
- Create lesson plans specific to the rider’s abilities
- Be an effective instructor to a variety of learning styles
- Offer progressions for Level 2 maneuvers to safely improve your clientele’s skill level
- Teach in conjunction with other BICP certified instructors at clinics/camps/events
Level 2 Prerequisite Requirements:
- Current BICP Level 1 Certification
- 40 hours experience assisting or leading MTB skills clinics or instructional rides
- Meet or exceed our BICP Level 2 Riding Standards
- Proficiency in performing the riding skills you will learn to teach: Watch a brief video of the bike skills covered below
- Current Basic First Aid & CPR certification required (WFA certification recommended)
- Five years or more of mountain biking experience
- A personable individual with good communication skills and a desire to help others
- Has participated in a BICP instructor-led skills clinic (highly recommended, but not required)
- Ability to perform basic trailside repairs (flats, chain breaks, shifting adjustments)
- Ability to confidently demonstrate and master all basic level skills on flat pedals
- Open minded towards new teaching techniques and terminology
Although this course is not to be taken as a personal skills training event, participants will end up honing their skills on the bike and gaining additional knowledge about mountain biking regardless.