Ladies MTB Skills Clinic – MTB Fundamentals
DISCOVER THE JOY OF MOUNTAIN BIKING and IMPROVE YOUR CONFIDENCE ON THE BIKE. Join other like-minded women in a supportive and non-intimidating environment for a ridiculously FUN morning on your bike >>> This skills session is led by BICP Certified Instructor, Victoria Rose & *INTERNATIONALLY ACCREDITED* by the International Mountain Biking Association (IMBA) with the shared vision of changing lives through Mountain Biking.
DON’T BE INTIMIDATED 🙂 We know it can feel intimidating rocking up to one of our clinics but know that we feel you and we hear you! Our professional coaches know how to teach you and help you feel comfortable, encouraged and supported the minute you roll up to our clinics!
WHAT IS FUNDAMENTALS?
The foundation to a great mountain biking journey! This skills clinic is for all levels of riders who wish to learn or refresh the CORE FUNDAMENTAL SKILLS of Mountain Biking, it doesn’t matter how long you’ve been riding for or what your previous experience is, newcomer or more advanced. You will master the understanding and use of the fundamental movements on your MTB, giving you a solid foundation, building your confidence and making you comfortable on your bike.
Please note: Fundamentals does not mean ‘easy’ or ‘beginner’. Yes this clinic is a great starting place for beginners but this clinic covers critical foundational skills for riders of all levels and experience. Even if you’ve been riding for 0, 5, 10, or 15 years you’ll have a new understanding of body positioning, how to use your brakes for better control, how to achieve maximum traction, staying smooth over roots and rocks and the foundation to progress to more advanced skills. This clinic will give you a completely different outlook on your riding!
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- You’re new to mountain biking and looking to build your confidence without any pressure
- You’re an experienced rider who has never attended a formal skills clinic with a professional instructor
- You’re braking with 2 fingers and avoiding that front brake
- You’ve heard that you should lean back on downhills. (But how far back should you lean?)
- You don’t know what it means to have heavy feet light hands
- You’re 11 years or older
WHAT TO EXPECT: We’ll begin by dialing in your bike setup and body position and then work on skills throughout the session. We focus on a ground session with obstacles after which, if time allows, we will hit the trails to apply the skills learned. We will stop at features, I will guide you through them and you will have the opportunity to practice, learn and have fun!
EXAMPLES OF SKILLS WE WILL WORK ON:
- Understanding speed, traction and center of balance
- Balance & Body Position for downhills, rocks, roots, rollers and small drops
- Effective Braking Control and Emergency Stops
- Shifting (for pedaling efficiency and cadence)
- Switchbacks / Tight Turns
- Line choice (riding straight narrow lines & single-track trails)
- Mindset (controlling your fears and staying relaxed)
INVESTMENT IN YOU? R750 per person (bike park fee at own cost)
TIME? 2,5 hours
- Come back as many times as you’d like within 3 months and really dial in your skills (T&C’s Apply)
- Skills Coaching with Professional BICP Certified Instructors
- 10% Discount on Trail Tech Cycles Online Store
- Photos & Videos from the session
- Mechanical & Bike Setup Support
- A whole bunch of FUN
I would love to have you join us and get you confident on your bike and excited about your riding!!!
082 893 6704